March 27, 2008

On the outside

I feel excluded. I've discovered how introverted I actually am, and this keeps me out of several things. Unless extremely comfortable, I get quiet at social gatherings. I feel like I have nothing relevant to offer, or that what I say doesn't count. I'm always the person on the outside. Yes, I have good friends, good mentors, but I'm the one who gets left behind when those people take it a step further. Then I get jealous; I feel betrayed and left out of the loop. I want people to be honest with me, candid and frank, and not lead me on. If I'm not included that's fine, but I want to know where they stand with me.

I hate to sound so mean. I'm just ready to grow up and get this angsty stuff out of the way.

1 comment:

Jenn Toon said...

Danny, you have incredible talent but still a lot to learn. You need to know that we are always learning and that NO ONE is ready to quit learning! We can always learn and be taught . . . in any aspect. Don't let confidence stand in the way of friendship because they think you are TOO confident. It's good to be secure but not arrogant!
There's my advice. :) Take it as it's worth and know that I care for you!! A LOT!!!