February 22, 2008

And That's Why I Have Knots

I'm sitting on my bosses computer, recording the on-hold message for our phones in the box office. Well, I'm finished recording, I'm just waiting for someone to listen to it. But its only through luck that I was able to do this today. I wasn't scheduled to work, but did I realize this, noooo. I've worked every friday for the past couple months, and this was the first time I wasn't scheduled. And of course, it happened on the morning that I woke up extremely early yet still managed to be running really late for work. Let's just say its rather humbling when you drive 60 mph past two cops who don't do anything. <.< >.> So I get here a little frazzled in my new blue shirt from Abercrombie, only to find out I wasn't in the calendar. But, as I said, it gave me a chance to do this recording.

And speaking of Abercrombie, I can say that yesterday I had the best experience ever in that store. The woman at the counter, a nice Indian girl, out-of-the-blue asked if I was from around here. I told her I lived in Mesa, and she asked what I did. (I'm a struggling student-actor who has no idea what direction he wants to go in life). "I'm an actor." This blew her away. "You're my dream come true." She apparently acted in college and it was a very strong passion of hers. I told her she should just get out there and do it, to which she replied, Oh, I can't act. ... I told her about Durant and she was most appreciative, practically gushing as she rang up my clothes. For once I wasn't judged in an Abercrombie. Its awful cold in Hell right now.

The same thing happened when I got my hair cut; the ladies at the shop were amazed I was an actor and asked what I was doing, what I've done, what I'll do, all while they were doing my hair! Well just one was, the other was playing cards, but a sweetheart nonetheless. Its kinda cooler then being recognized, when you didn't have to do anything to get people excited about you. So that was fun.

In case you didn't know, I'm in Singin' in the Rain at the Hale Theatre in Gilbert. We're almost completely sold, so order tickets FAST. 497.1181 is the box office. Hell, why don't I just play you the recording I made. :) If I can figure out how.


1 comment:

Jenn Toon said...

Guess I'll have to call Hale in the middle of the night now - just to hear your recording. :) Great show tonight!! Gets better every night and so fun to watch!!
Fast Rain change too - yahoo for BIG latches. :)