February 23, 2008

Why all in Cockney?

Here's the recording I did yesterday. I emailed it to myself and got it to work. Now you don't have to call the theatre and ask to be put on hold... although you SHOULD be calling the theatre to get Singin' in the Rain tickets! Last week in March still available!! 


Anywho, I played this for my boss yesterday, and we sat and listened to it in silence. He nodded in affirmation and said he like the way it was put together, putting special emphasis on those words. So, I waited for the "but" to come. It came. "I liked the way it was put together, and the volume dips and edits were good... but why did you do it all in Cockney?"


No words. Should have sent a poet. Listen to this:




Was that cockney to you?! I already have the support of some of the other employees at the theatre. And yes, I do realize that back-east dialects are closely related to English, but still, come on! I told if that's the way he read it, then I'll re-do it. He paused™, "No, go ahead and do it. It'll be fine." :0

Sigh. Every play a little breath.

1 comment:

Jenn Toon said...

I have to admit it does sound a little cockney in the beginning. My question would be - "Why does it not sound like you AT ALL?"